|←Author Index: Wi||Theodore Winthrop
|Winthrop was an American adventurer, soldier, and author. He was one of the earliest casualties of the American Civil War.|
- The Canoe and the Saddle – An account of the author’s adventures in Washington Territory in 1853
- “A Partial Vocabulary of the Chinook Jargon” – An addendum to The Canoe and the Saddle
- Isthmiana – An account of the author’s adventures in the Isthmus of Panama. Published with The Canoe and the Saddle
- Cecil Dreeme – A novel
- John Brent – A novel
- Edwin Brothertoft – A novel
- Life in the Open Air and other papers – An anthology of the author’s short works
- “Winthrop, John,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1889. Section on Theodore is written by Arthur Elmore Bostwick.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.