|←Author Index: Hu||Thomas Hughes
|English lawyer and author|
- Tom Brown's School Days (1857)
- Scouring of the White Horse (1858)
- Tom Brown at Oxford (1861)
- Alfred the Great (1869)
- Vacation Rambles (1895) - a collection of articles originally published in The Spectator under the pseudonym Vacuus Viator.
- “Hughes, Thomas,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Hughes, Thomas,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Hughes, Thomas (1822-1896),” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.