Author:Thomas Robert Malthus
(Redirected from Author:Thomas Malthus)
|←Author Index: Ma||Thomas Malthus
|English political economist and demographer who expressed views on population growth and noted the potential for populations to increase rapidly.|
- An Essay on the Principle of Population (1798)
- An Inquiry Into the Nature and Progress of Rent (1815)
- An Essay on the Principle of Population - Sixth edition (1826)
Works about Malthus
- “Malthus, Thomas Robert” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- Mr. Malthus, by William Hazlitt. Essay in The Spirit of the Age.
- “Malthus, Thomas Robert,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|