Author:Thomas Wentworth Higginson
|←Author Index: Hi||Thomas Wentworth Higginson
Thomas Wentworth Higginson (December 22, 1823 – May 9, 1911) was an American author, minister, reformer, and soldier.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "T. W. H."
- Outdoor Papers (1863)
- Malbone: an Oldport Romance (1869)
- Army Life in a Black Regiment (1870)
- Young Folks' History of the United States, (1875)
- A Book of American Explorers (1877)
- Life of Margaret Fuller Ossoli (in American Men of Letters series, 1884)
- A Larger History of the United States of America to the Close of President Jackson's Administration (1885)
- The Monarch of Dreams (1886)
- Travellers and Outlaws (1889)
- The Afternoon Landscape (1889), poems and translations
- Life of Francis Higginson (in Makers of America, 1891)
- Concerning All of Us (1892)
- The Procession of the Flowers and Kindred Papers (1897)
- Tales of the Enchanted Islands of the Atlantic (1898)
- Cheerful Yesterdays (1898)
- Old Cambridge (1899)
- Contemporaries (1899)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (in American Men of Letters series, 1902)
- John Greenleaf Whittier (in English Men of Letters series, 1902)
- A Readers History of American Literature (1903), the Lowell Institute lectures for 1903, edited by Henry W Boynton
- Part of a Man's Life (1905)
- Life and Times of Stephen Higginson (1907)
Contributions to Appletons'
- “Brown, John (abolitionist),” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- Poems, by Emily Dickinson, 1890
- “Higginson, Thomas Wentworth,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.
- “Higginson, Thomas Wentworth” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Higginson, Stephen,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1892.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.