Author:William Sandys Wright Vaux
(Redirected from Author:W. S. W. Vaux)
|←Author Index: Va||William Sandys Wright Vaux
English antiquarian & numismatist. FRS (1868), secretary Royal Asiatic Society, secretary Royal Society of Literature
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography. Articles written by this author are designated in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography by the initials "V."
- Nineveh and Persepolis: an Historical Sketch of Ancient Assyria and Persia, with an Account of the recent Researches in those Countries (1850)
- Handbook to the Antiquities in the British Museum: a Description of the Remains of Greek, Assyrian, Egyptian, and Etruscan Art (1851)
- The World encompassed by Sir F. Drake (ed. 1854)
- Ancient History from the Monuments; Persia from the earliest Period to the Arab Conquest (1875)
- Ancient History from the Monuments: Greek Cities and Islands of Asia Minor (1877)
- Articles signed as [ V. ] in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.