|←Author Index: Cr||William Crooke
|Folk-Lore from 1915 until his death.British orientalist, member of the Indian Civil Service. Editor of|
- Tribes and Castes of the North-Western (later United) Provinces
- Popular religion and folklore of Northern India
- Things Indian
- Rural and agricultural glossary
- The Binding of a God: A Study of the Basis of Idolatry, in vol. 8 (1897), pp. 325–355.
- “The Scientific Aspects of Folklore” (Presidential Address) in volume 23, (1912), pp. 14–32.
- The Interpretation of Survivals in volume 30 (1919), pp. 132–133.
- Reviews of M. Longworth Dames’ translation of The Book of Duarte Barbosa; — Hamd.-Allah Mustawfi of Qasivin’s The Geographical Part of the Nuzhat-al-Qulūb. — Vincent A. Smith’s The Oxford History of India, from the Earliest Times to the end of 1911; — F. J. Richards’s Madras District Gazetteer; — Joseph Davey Cunningham’s A History of the Sikhs, from the Origin of the Nation to the Battles of the Sutlej. in volume 30 (1919), pp. 242–247.
- “The Cults of the Mother Goddesses in India,” in volume 30 (1919), pp. 282–308.
- Review of R. P. Masani’s Folk-Lore from India. in volume 30 (1919), pp. 323–324.
- Obituary of Vincent Arthur Smith in volume 31 (1920) p. 87
- Review of D. L. R. and E. O. Lorimer’s Persian Folk Tales. in volume 31 (1920) pp. 156–157
- Review of M. Bloomfield’s Traditions of the Jains. The Life and Stories of the Jain Savior Parçvanātha. in volume 31 (1920) p. 158
- Review of Rai Bahadur’s Hindu Holidays and Ceremonials, with Dissertations on Origin, Folklore and Symbols. in volume 31 (1920) pp. 168–169
- Review of A. Hingston Quiggin and A. C. Haddon’s edition of A. H. Keane’s Man, Past and Present, in volume 31 (1920) pp. 253–254
- Prentice Pillars: the Architect and his Pupil in volume 31 (1920) pp. 323–324
- Obituary of Mansel Longworth Dames, in volume 33 (1922) pp. 131–132
- H. A. Rose, "In Memoriam: William Crooke (1848-1923)", Folk-lore, Vol. 34, No. 4 (Dec. 31, 1923), pp. 382–385.
- Richard C. Temple, "William Crooke, D.Sc., Litt.D., F.B.A., C.I.E.", Man, Vol. 24, (Jan., 1924), pp. 6–7
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1923, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.