Author:William Ewart Gladstone
|←Author Index: Gl||William Ewart Gladstone
|British Liberal Party statesman and Prime Minister|
- On the motion of Sir George Strickland; for the abolition of the negro apprenticeship (1838)
- An Academic Sketch (1892)
- Art and Industry (1890)
- Attack on Francis V (7 March 1861)
- The Channel Tunnel (27 June 1888)
- The Future Policy of the Liberal Party (2 October 1891)
- Irish Home Rule Speech (7 April 1886)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "Proem to Genesis", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 28, March 1886
- "Dawn of Creation and of Worship", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 28, April 1886
- "Professor Huxley and the Swine-Miracle", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 39, August 1891
- Gladstone's 1886 Manifesto (12 June 1886)
- Female suffrage. A letter from the Right Hon. W.E. Gladstone, M.P. to Samuel Smith, M.P. (1892)
- “Latin Version of Toplady's "Rock of Ages"” in Littell's Living Age, 155 (2004) (translation into Latin of the poem by Augustus Montague Toplady)
Works about Gladstone
- “Gladstone, William Ewart,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Gladstone, William Ewart,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Mr. Gladstone", a biographical portrait of Mr. Gladstone written by artist John McLure Hamilton in Men I Have Painted (1921).