Author:William Ralston Shedden Ralston
(Redirected from Author:William Shedden Ralston)
|←Author Index: Ra||William Ralston Shedden Ralston
noted British translator, Slavic and Russian-scholar
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. R. S.-R."
Articles in Littell's Living Age
- “Count Leo Tolstoy’s Novels” in Littell's Living Age, 141 (1822)
- “Henri Greville's Sketches of Russian Life” in Littell's Living Age, 139 (1891)
- “Puss in Boots” in Littell's Living Age, 156 (2016)
- “Russian Idylls” in Littell's Living Age, 129 (1666)
- “Turkish Story-Books” in Littell's Living Age, 133 (1713)
- Introduction to Portuguese Folk-Tales collected by Consiglieri Pedroso. Folk-Lore Society, 1882.
- "Russian fables" Selection from Krilov in An argosy of fables, 1921.
Works about Ralston
- “Ralston, William Ralston Shedden-,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.