- Not to be confused with Category:Ethnography
Ethnology (from the Greek ἔθνος, ethnos meaning "nation") is the branch of anthropology that compares and analyzes the characteristics of different peoples and the relationship between them.— Excerpted from Ethnology on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Compared to ethnography, the study of single groups through direct contact with the culture, ethnology takes the research that ethnographers have compiled and then compares and contrasts different cultures.
Pages in category "Ethnology"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.
- Popular Science Monthly/Volume 56/December 1899/Malay Folklore
- Popular Science Monthly/Volume 28/February 1886/Medical Practice in Damaraland
- Popular Science Monthly/Volume 37/August 1890/Missions and Mission Indians of California
- Popular Science Monthly/Volume 36/April 1890/The Mysterious Music of Pascagoula