Creation (William Billings)
For works with similar titles, see Creation.
|hymn; Billings included Creation in his final collection, The Continental Harmony,published in 1794.|
- When I with pleasing wonder stand
- And all my frame survey
- Lord, 'tis thy work, I own thy hand
- Thus built my humble clay
- Our life contains a thousand springs,
- And dies if one be gone.
- Strange that a harp of thousand strings
- Should keep in tune so long.
|This work published before January 1, 1923 is in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago.|