Executive Order 979
It is hereby ordered that all that tract of public land located on the north side of the Gulkana River, Alaska, near the trail crossing the same, and about four miles above the confluence of the Gulkana and Copper rivers, which is included within metes and bounds as follows, be reserved from sale or other disposition, and set apart for the use of the Signal Corps, United States Army, in its operation and maintenance of the military lines in Alaska, viz:
Beginning at the corner post marked "U. S. M. R. No. 1," at the west end of the extreme south boundary of the reservation, which post bears S. 55° W. 144.43 feet from the west end of south wall of Gulkana Telegraph Station; thence N. 49° E. 1,000 feet to postmarked "U. S. M. R. No. 2;" thence S. 41° E. 1,000 feet to post marked "U. S. M. R. No. 3;" thence S. 49° W. 1,000 feet to postmarked "U. S. M. R. No. 4;" thence N. 41° W. 1,000 feet to point of beginning. The bearings given are referred to the true meridian. Magnetic declination, 1908, 30° east.
The White House
- November 24, 1908.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).|