Don John of Austria; or, Passages from the History of the Sixteenth Century, 1547-1578. Illustrated with plates and numerous wood engravings. By the late Sir William Stirling Maxwell, Baronet, K.T. Two volumes folio. London: 1883
1. A New History of the English Stage. By Percy ' Fitzgerald, M.A., F.S. A. Two volumes. London: 1882.
2. Histoire Universelle du Théâtre. Par Alphonse Royer. Quatre tomes. Paris: 1869.
3. Our Old Actors, By Henry Barton Baker. Two volumes. London: 1878.
4. Mémoires de Samson de la Comédie Francaise.Paris: 1882.
5. Reports published by the Council of the Church and Stage Guild, London, 1880, 1881, and Papers read before the Guild by Stewart D. Headlam, Mrs. Stewart Headlam, Miss Ella Dietz, and others.
6. Hrostwithae Gandeshemensis Comoediae Sex. Edidit I. Bendixen. Lubecae: 1862
Atti della Giunta per la Inchiesta Agraria e sulle Condizioni della Classe Agricola. Rome : 1881-2
Histoire du droit et des institutions politiques, civiles et judiciaires de l'Angleterre, compares au droit et aux institutions de la France depuis leur origine jusqu'a nos jours. Par Ernest Glasson. Vols. 1-5. Paris: 1882, 1883,..... 118
1. Bibliotheca Piscatoria, a Catalogue of Books on Angling, the Fisheries, and Fish-culture. By T. Westwood and T. Satchell. London: 1883.
2. Bibliotheca Ichthyologica et Piscatoria. By D. M. Bosgoed. Haarlem: 1874.
3. Angling Literature. By Osmund Lambert. London: 1881.
4. A History of British Fresh-water Fishes. By the Rev. W. Houghton, M.A., F.L.S. Illustrated with a Coloured Drawing of each Species, and numerous Engravings, 2 vols. 4to. London: 1883
Histoire de Charles VII. Par G. du Fresne, Marquis de Beaucourt. Deux tomes. Paris: 1881-2
1. An Account of Indian Serpents, collected on the Coast of Coromandel. Containing Descriptions and Drawings of each Species, together with Experiments and Remarks on their several Poisons. By Patrick Russel], M.D., F.R.S. In two vols, folio. London: 1796.
2. North American Herpetology; or, a Description of the Reptiles inhabiting the United States. By J. E. Holbrook, M.D. Philadelphia: 1842.
3. The Reptiles of British India. By Albert C. L. G. Günther, M.D., Ray Society. London: 1864.
4. The Snakes of Australia. An illustrated and descriptive Catalogue of all the known Species. By Gerard Krefft, F.L.S., C.M.L.S. Sydney: 1869.
5. Indian Snakes. An Elementary Treatise on Ophiology in India, &c. By Edward Nicholson. Madras: 1870.
6. The Thanotophidia of India, being a Description of the Venomous Snakes of the Indian Peninsula, with an Account of the Influence of their Poison on Life, and a Series of Experiments. By J. Fayrer, M.D., C.S.I., F.R.S.E. London: 1882.
7. Snakes. Curiosities and Wonders of Serpent Life. By Catherine C. Hopley. London: 1882
1. A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire. By Sir Bernard Burke, C.B., LL.D., Ulster King of Arms. 45th Edition. London: 1883.
2. The Peerage, Baronetage, and Knightage of the British Empire. By Joseph Foster. Fourth Edition. Two vols. Westminster: 1883
1. L'Ouverture du Fleuve Rouge au Commerce. Par J. Dupuis. Paris: 1879.
2. Voyage au Yunnan. Par J. Dupuis. Paris: 1880.
3. La Province Chinoise du Yunnan. Par Emile Rocher. Paris: 1880.
4. Histoire de l'lntervention Francaise au Tong-king de 1872-1874. Par F. Romanet du Caillaud. Paris: 1880.
5. Across Chrysê. By Archibald R. Colquhoun. London: 1883.
6. The Golden Chersonese. By Isabella Bird. London: 1883
CONTENTS of No. 324.
1. Nicolaus Coppernicus. Von Leopold Prowe. Erster Band: Das Leben. Berlin: 1883.
2. Nicolai Copernici Torunenis De Revolutionibus Orbium Coelestium Libri sex. Warsaw: 1854.
3. Nicolaus Coppernicus aus Thorn über die Kreisbewegungen der Weltkörper. Uebersetzt und mit Anmerkungen von Dr. C. L. Menzzer. Thorn: 1879
1. Dissertations on Early Law and Custom. By Sir Henry Sumner Maine, K.C.S.L, LL.D., F.B.S. London: 1883.
2. Asiatic Studies—Religious and Social. By Sir Alfred Lyall, K.C.B., CLE. London: 1882.
3. The English Village Community examined in its Relations to the Manorial and Tribal Systems, and to the Common or Open-Field System of Husbandry. By Frederic Seebohm. London: 1883
Records of the English Catholics under the Penal Laws, chiefly from the Archives of the See of Westminster.
1. The First and Second Diaries of the English College, Douay, and an Appendix of unpublished Documents. Edited by Fathers of the Congregation of the London Oratory. With an Historical Introduction by T. F. Knox, DJ). London: 1878.
2. The Letters and Memorials of Cardinal Allen (1582-1594). With an Historical Introduction by T. F. Knox, D.D. London: 1882
1. Eastern Persia. An Account of the Journeys of the Persian Boundary Commission, 1870-71-72. Vol. I. The Geography; with Narratives by Majors St. John, Lovett, and Evan Smith, and an Introduction by Major-General Sir Frederic John Goldsmid, C.B., K.C.S.L Published by the authority of the Government of India. London : 1876.
2. Despatches from Her Majesty's Ambassador at St. Petersburg, forwarding translations of the published reports of M. Lessar's journeys in Central Asia. Presented to both Houses of Parliament by command of Her Majesty, 1883.
3. The Russians at Merv and Herat, and their power of invading India. By Charles Marvin. 8vo. London: 1883
1. An Etymological Dictionary of the Scottish Language, to which is prefixed a Dissertation on the Origin of the Scottish Language. By John Jamieson, D.D. A new Edition, carefully revised and collated, with the entire Supplement incorporated, by John Longmuir, A.M., LL.D., and David Donaldson, F.E.I.S. 4 vols. Paisley: 1879-1882.
2. A Critical Inquiry into the Scottish Language, with the View of illustrating the Rise and Progress of Civilisation in Scotland. By Francisque-Michel. Edinburgh and London : 1882.
3. The Poetry and Humour of the Scottish Language. By Charles Mackay, LL.D. Paisley: 1882
The Herefordshire Pomona. Containing Coloured Figures and Descriptions of the most esteemed kinds of Apples and Pears. Edited by Robert Hogg, LL.D., F.L.S., &c, for the Woolhope Club. Parts I. to V. folio. London and Hereford : 1878-1882
1. Schubert. By Sir George Grove, D.C.L., Director of the Royal College of Music. ' Dictionary of Music and Musicians,' vol. iii. London: 1882.
2. Life of Chopin. By Franz Liszt. Translated from the French by M. Walker Cook. London : 1877.
3. F. Chopin; his Life, Letters, and Works. By Moritz Karasowski. Translated from the German by Emily Hill. London: 1879.
4. Franz Liszt By L. Ramann. Translated from the German by Miss E. Cowdery. London: 1882
1. Histoire de la Guerre Civile en Amérique. Par M. le Comte de Paris, ancien Aide de Camp du General MacClellan. Tomes V. et VI. 8vo. Paris: 1883.
2. Campaigns of the Civil War. Vol. VI. Chancel-lorsville and Gettysburg. By Abner Doubleday, Brevet-Major-General, U.S.A., commanding the First Corps at Gettysburg. Vol. VIII. The Mississippi. By Francis Vinton Greene, Lieut. of Engineers, U.S.A., late Military Attaché to the U.S. Legation at St Petersburg. 12 vols. 12mo. New York : 1882.
3. The Navy in the Civil War. Vol. III. The Gulf and Inland Waters. By Commander A. T. Mahan, U.S.N. 8 vols. 12mo. New York: 1888
Correspondence of the Earl of Aberdeen. 1850-1858. Privately printed, not published. 8vo. 1880