Look for the Silver Lining
|Look for the Silver Lining (1920)
|From the Broadway musical Sally.|
- (Blair) Please don't be offended if I preach to you a while,
- Tears are out of place in eyes that were meant to smile.
- There's a way to make you very biggest troubles small,
- Here's the happy secret of it all.
- Look for the silver lining
- Whene'er a cloud appears in the blue.
- Remember somewhere the sun is shining
- And so the right thing to do is make it shine for you.
- A heart full of joy and gladness
- Will always banish sadness and strife.
- So always look for the silver lining
- And try to find the sunny side of life.
- (Sally) As I wash my dishes, I'll be following your plan,
- Till I see the brightness in ev'ry pot and pan.
- I am sure your point of view will ease the daily grind,
- So I'll keep repeating in my mind.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1950, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.