Moments of the Dance
|Moments of the Dance (1918)
|Song from the musical Head over Heels.|
- Oh dancing is a tonic
- That sets you all aglow
- Like bubbles of carbonic
- When wine begins to flow
- and once the dance you've started
- it's hard for you to stop
- you spin 'round turning o'er the ground
- just like a human top
- So let yourself just go.
- You know when you hear the strain
- You can't refrain
- Faster and faster as each step you master
- in the moments of the dance
- You get much closer and closer your fondness to show, sir,
- for the moments of the dance,
- Then slyly and wily your cheeks touch shyly
- by the merest of chance
- dearest lets dance
- Old steps or new steps don't matter you see,
- When you dance a few steps with me.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1948, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.