Most Influential Books
|Most Influential Books
|In a 1962 interview with The Christian Century magazine, C.S. Lewis was asked, "What books did most to shape your vocational attitude and your philosophy of life?" Here is the answer C.S. Lewis gave.|
- Phantastes by George MacDonald.
- The Everlasting Man by G. K. Chesterton.
- The Aeneid by Virgil.
- The Temple by George Herbert.
- The Prelude by William Wordsworth.
- The Idea of the Holy by Rudolf Otto.
- The Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius.
- Life of Samuel Johnson by James Boswell.
- Descent into Hell by Charles Williams.
- Theism and Humanism by Arthur James Balfour.