Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers: Series I
|Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers: Series I (1885)
Ante-Nicene Fathers series it was produced by pirating earlier translations commissioned and issued in the United Kingdom, often by the Edinburgh firm of T. & T. Clark, but also using material from the Oxford Movement series of the Library of the Fathers. — Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers is a set of books containing translations of early Christian writings into English. It was published in 1885. Like the |
This collection was preceded by Ante-Nicene Fathers, and was followed by Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers: Series II.
St. Augustine Volumes
- Volume I: Prolegomena: St. Augustine's Life and Work, Confessions, Letters
- Volume II: The City of God, Christian Doctrine
- Volume III: On the Holy Trinity, Doctrinal Treatises, Moral Treatises
- Volume IV: The Anti-Manichaean Writings, The Anti-Donatist Writings
- Volume V: Anti-Pelagian Writings
- Volume VI: Sermon on the Mount, Harmony of the Gospels, Homilies on the Gospels
- Volume VII: Homilies on the Gospel of John, Homilies on the First Epistle of John, Soliloquies
- Volume VIII: Expositions on the Psalms
St. Chrysostom Volumes
- Volume IX: On the Priesthood, Ascetic Treatises, Select Homilies and Letters, Homilies on the Statutes
- Volume X: Homilies on the Gospel of St. Matthew
- Volume XI: Homilies on the Acts of the Apostles and the Epistle to the Romans
- Volume XII: Homilies on First and Second Corinthians
- Volume XIII: Homilies on the Epistles to the Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Thessalonians, Timothy, Titus, and Philemon
- Volume XIV: Homilies on the Gospel of St. John and the Epistle to the Hebrews
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1915, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.