tion of the cryptogamous plants of North America, comprising a diognostic description of all the hepatic mosses hitherto observed in North America, with ampler descriptions of a number of new species.
- By Lewis D. de Schweinitz, P. D.
- Raleigh, N. C. 1821.
4. Attempt of a monography of the Linnæan Genus Viola, comprising all the species hitherto observed in North America. By Lewis D. de Schweinitz.
- Communicated [to Prof. Silliman,] July, 1821.
5. A Catalogue of Plants, collected in the Northwestern Territory, by Mr. Thomas Say, in the year 1823. By Lewis D. de Schweinitz.
- Philada. 1824.
6. Analytical table, to facilitate the determination of the hitherto observed North American species of the genus Carex. By Lewis D. de Schweinitz.
- Read [at the New York Lyceum of Nat. Hist.] Dec. 8, 1823.
7. List of the rarer plants found near Eastern, Pennsylvania.
- Communicated [to Prof. Silliman] through Mr. John Finch. 1824.
8. A Monograph of the North American species of the genus Carex.
- By Lewis D. de Schweinitz and John Torrey.
- Read [before the New York Lyceum of Nat. Hist.] Dec. 13, 1824. Edited by Dr. Torrey.