following correspondents who have devoted themselves to the correction of the 'Dictionary' more or less systematically the thanks of the Editor are espeoiaily due, viz. the Rev. A. B. Beaven, the Rev. H. E. D. Blakiston, Fellow and Tutor of Trinity College, Oxford, the Ven. Archdeacon Cheetham, Mr. Frank Cundall, F.S.A., Secretary and Librarian of the Institute of Jamaica, Mr. C. L. Kingsford, Mr. H. Elliot Madge, Librarian of the Imperial Library of Calcutta, and Dr. John Peile, Master of Christ's College, Cambridge.
It ought also to be stated that full use has been made of the long list of corrections which the Rev. W. C. Boulter contributed to 'Notes and Queries' on the publication of each volume of the 'Dictionary,' and that Dr. Edward Scott, formerly keeper of manuscripts of the British Museum, has kindly put at the disposal of the Editor the manuscript notes which have been entered in the copy of the 'Dictionary' belonging to his department
31 July 1904.