This page needs to be proofread.
LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS
- PORTRAIT OF CHARLOTTE BRONTE: . . . Frontspiece
- From the drawing by G. Richmond in the possession of the Rev. A. B. Nichols, B.A.
- FACSIMILE OF THE TITLE-PAGE OF THE FIRST EDITION ........ p. vii
- ROCHESTER AND JANE EYERE: . . . To face p. 168
- From a watercolour drawing by Frederick Walker, A.R.A
- Views of places described in the work, reproduced from photographs taken by Mr. W R. Bland of Duffield Derby, in conjunction with Mr. C. Barrow Keene of Derby:
- Stone Gappe (Gateshead Hall) . . . To face p. 10
- The Rydings (Thorafield Hall) . . . " 112
- Hathersage Church (Morton) . . . " 406
- Hathersage Village (Morton) . . . " 416
- Moorseats, Hathersage (Moor House, Morton) " 428
- Moorland Scene Near Hathersage (Morton) " 450
- Wycoller (The Hall) (Ferndean Manor) . " 526
- Wycoller (Bridge) (Ferndean Manor) . " 548