There was a problem when proofreading this page.
THE LIFE VICTORIOUS
|Shall We Gather at the River||191|
|Robert Lowry, 1865||Robert Lowry, 1865|
- Shall we gather at the river, Where bright angel feet have trod,
With its crystal tide for ever, Flowing by the throne of God?
Yes, we'll gather at the river The beautiful, the beautiful river,
Gather with the saints at the river, That flows by the throne of God.(Last verse: Amen. )
- On the margin of the river, Washing up its silver spray,
We will walk and worship ever, All the happy golden day.
- Ere we reach the shining river, Lay we every burden down;
Grace our spirits will deliver, And provide a robe and crown.
- At the smiling of the riv er, Mirror of the Saviour's face,
Saints whom death will never sever, Lift their songs of saving grace.
- Soon we'll reach the shining river, Soon our pilgrimage will cease;
Soon our happy hearts will quiver, With the melody of peace.
Copyright property of Mary Runyan Lowry. Renewal. Used by permission