Searchlights on Health/Practical Rules for Bathing
|←How to Apply and Use Hot Water in All Diseases||Searchlights on Health
Practical Rules for Bathing
|All the Different Kinds of Baths and How to Prepare Them→|
PRACTICAL RULES FOR BATHING.
1. Bathe at least once a week all over, thoroughly. No one can preserve his health by neglecting personal cleanliness. Remember, "Cleanliness is akin to Godliness."
2. Only mild soap should be used in bathing the body.
3. Wipe quickly and dry the body thoroughly with a moderately coarse towel. Rub the skin vigorously.
4. Many people have contracted severe and fatal diseases by neglecting to take proper care of the body after bathing.
5. If you get up a good reaction by thorough rubbing in a mild temperature, the effect is always good.
6. Never go into a cold room, or allow cold air to enter the room until you are dressed.
7. Bathing in cold rooms and in cold water is positively injurious, unless the person possesses a very strong and vigorous constitution, and then there is great danger of laying the foundation of some serious disease.
8. Never bathe within two hours after eating. It injures digestion.
9. Never bathe when the body or mind is much exhausted. It is liable to check the healthful circulation.
10. A good time for bathing is just before retiring. The morning hour is a good time also, if a warm room and warm water can be secured.
11. Never bathe a fresh wound or broken skin with cold water; the wound absorbs water, and causes swelling and irritation.
12. A person not robust should be very careful in bathing; great care should be exercised to avoid any chilling effects.