A History of Adventure (1887)
|This text has been provided by Online-Literature|
- Chapter I: My Visitor
- Chapter II: The Years Roll By
- Chapter III: The Sherd of Amenartas
- Chapter IV: The Squall
- Chapter V: The Head of the Ethiopian
- Chapter VI: An Early Christian Ceremony
- Chapter VII: Ustane Sings
- Chapter VIII: The Feast, and After!
- Chapter IX: A Little Foot
- Chapter X: Speculations
- Chapter XI: The Plain of Kôr
- Chapter XII: "She"
- Chapter XIII: Ayesha Unveils
- Chapter XIV: A Soul in Hell
- Chapter XV: Ayesha Gives Judgment
- Chapter XVI: The Tombs of Kôr
- Chapter XVII: The Balance Turns
- Chapter XVIII: "Go, Woman!"
- Chapter XIX: "Give Me a Black Goat!"
- Chapter XX: Triumph
- Chapter XXI: The Dead and Living Meet
- Chapter XXII: Job Has a Presentiment
- Chapter XXIII: The Temple of Truth
- Chapter XXIV: Walking the Plank
- Chapter XXV: The Spirit of Life
- Chapter XXVI: What We Saw
- Chapter XVII: We Leap
- Chapter XVIII: Over the Mountain
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1925, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.