Steam Heating and Ventilation
The Engineering Record Series
William S. Monroe, M. E.
Member American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Member American Society of Heating and Ventilating Engineers.
Member Western Society of Engineers.
The Engineering Record
Copyright, 1902, by The Engineering Record.
The chapters comprising this book were originally written as a series of articles for The Engineering Record and have been some-what revised for their present form.
It has been the aim of the writer to present briefly the theoretical considerations involved in the design of heating and ventilating plants, and to compile the best of the large array of empirical formulas and data in a way that will be of value to those interested in the current practice of the art.
The writer has taken the liberty to refer frequently to previous works on the subject, and principally to those of Mills, Baldwin and Carpenter. He wishes to acknowledge special indebtedness to Mr. Alfred R. Wolff for many valuable data.
Wm. S. Monroe.
Chicago, August, 1901.
Table of Contents.
- Chapter I. Introductory.
- Chapter II. Steam Heating; Systems of Piping and Steam Supply.
- Chapter III. Steam Heating Apparatus.
- Chapter IV. Indirect Radiators.
- Chapter V. Design of Radiation.
- Chapter VI. Piping and Construction Details.
- Chapter VII. Mechanical Ventilation General Principles.
- Chapter VIII. Systems of Mechanical Ventilation.
- Chapter IX. Ventilating Ducts.
- Chapter X. Ventilating Fans, Heaters and Other Apparatus.