- a The detainee is associated with al Qaida:
- The detainee was born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- In August of 2001 the detainee traveled from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia to Faisalbad Pakistan.
- The detainee lived in a safe house with senior al Qaida operative (sic) in Pakistan until the time of the detainee’s capture.
- The detainee was captured by Pakistani forces in a March 2002 raid of the safe house in Faisalbad, Pakistan.
- Abu Zubaydah is a senior Al-Qaida lieutenant.
- The detainee taught English to other guest (sic) at the safe house in Faisalbad, Pakistan.
- The detainee received specialized training on remote control devices for use in explosives to detonate bombs against Afghani and United States forces.
- The detainee received military training, including Basic Weapons (use, operation, and assembly/disassembly of assault rifles, UZI, Kalashnikov, Simonovs, M-16 and RPGs), Basic Warfare Tactics (tactical movement, concealment and mine avoidance) and navigation (navigation using compass, watch, stick in the ground against sunlight method and celestial methods) at a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.
- Usama Bin Laden visited a Terrorist training camp in Afghanistan about ten times while the detainee was receiving training at that camp.
- The detainee was observed chatting and laughing like pals with Usama bin Laden during Bin Laden’s visit to the particular terrorist training camp.
- The detainee pressured another man to swear bayat ot Usama Bin Laden during a face-to-face meeting at that particular terrorist training camp.
- The detainee admittedly supports the jihad and Chechens in the fight against the Russians.
- The detainee wanted to be a mujihadeen freedom fighter.
- In December 2001, the detainee was one of approximately 100 mujahideen near Birmal, Afghanistan.
- The detainee is called the “electronic builder” by GTMO detainees, and is known as “Abu Zubaydah’s right hand man”.