The Magic Melody
| The Magic Melody (1915)
|Song from the musical Nobody Home.|
- What's the name of that melody?
- Something mighty sweet about it, something hard to beat about it
- Oh What's the name of that melody?
- What a pitty not to know the name of such a pretty ditty
- It always seems to interrupt you when you're talking,
- It seems to lift you from your feet and start you walking,
- When the cellos and the fiddles start in to fiddle that middle part
- Clouds, fears, sighs, tears, disappear as if by Magic.
- The world goes around to the sound of a Syncopated melody,
- Come on take a chance and we'll dance to the Syncopated melody,
- Beware have a care, have a care, when you're doin' it
- Keep moving or you'll ruin it and just so you'll know we'll show you
- all the late improvements in those syncopated movements,
- Oh you start kind of slow till you know how to throw your shoulders in the air.
- Then you slide and you glide 'round the room in an attitude of "I don't care!"
- You'll dance and you'll sway and you'll think and you'll talk to it,
- You'll work and you'll play, and you'll drink and you'll walk to it,
- You can't get away from that Magic Melody.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1949, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.