The People of the Black Circle
|The People of the Black Circle (1934)
|Chapter I →|
First published in Weird Tales, September, October and November 1934.
Versions proofread from scans:
- Chapter I: Death Strikes a King
- Chapter II: A Barbarian from the Hills
- Chapter III: Khemsa Uses Magic
- Chapter IV: An Encounter in the Pass
- Chapter V: The Black Stallion
- Chapter VI: The Mountain of the Black Seers
- Chapter VII: On to Yimsha
- Chapter VIII: Yasmina Knows Stark Terror
- Chapter IX: The Castle of the Wizard
- Chapter X: Yasmina and Conan
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was legally published within the United States (or the United Nations Headquarters in New York subject to Section 7 of the United States Headquarters Agreement) before 1964, and copyright was not renewed.
The author died in 1936, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 75 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.
Works published in 1934 would have had to renew their copyright in either 1961 or 1962, i.e. at least 27 years after it was first published / registered but not later than 31 Decemberin the 28th year. As it was not renewed, it entered the public domain on 1 January 1963 .