Transcript of a Seance
|Transcript of a Seance
|The results of a seance that the Canadian Prime Minister conducted at Laurier House on October 6, 1935. He consulted the spirits of deceased family members, Canadian political figures and Christian saints.|
- Laurier House, Ottawa, Oct. 6, 1935
King (father): Love from all here to Joan and you.
- I love to speak to you again.
- Laurier is here.
Laurier (Sir Wilfrid): Love from Lady Laurier & me to Mr. & Mrs. Patteson and you.
- Long ago God meant that I should tell you that you should be Prime Minister again.
- Let Gladstone speak.
Gladstone, Mr. Wm. - K. - So good of you Mr. G. to come.
- I love to come.
- Look out for long reign as Prime Minister.
- God meant that I should tell you that.
- Let Morley speak.
Lord Morley: - Long ago God meant that Gladstone would tell you that you would be prime minister for a long time.
- Let Asquith speak.
Lord Oxford: Long ago I said that Canada would show other parts of the Empire the way.
- Long ago God meant that you should lead the British Empire in the way it should go.
- God meant that you should be Prime Minister for that purpose.
- Let Grey speak.
Lord Grey: Long ago God meant that you should show the way to peace.
- Let Mackenzie speak.
- I - Grandfather. M - Yes. K - Is that grandfather - No. K- Alex? Yes.
Mackenzie, Alex: - Long ago God meant that another Mackenzie should be Prime Minister of Canada.
- Let your grandfather speak.
Mackenzie, W.L.: - Love to Mrs. Patteson & you from mother and me.
- God meant that you should take up my work again.
- Long ago God meant that I should try to make his will prevail on earth as it is in heaven. - I tried to do my best. Long ago I tried to serve his holy will. :Long ago I suffered greatly for him. He will repay me through you.
- Let St. Luke speak.
St. Luke: Love to Mrs. Patteson and you.
- Long ago I wanted to help you.
- More power will be given to you from God.
- Let St. John speak.
St. John: - Love to Mrs. Patteson and you.
- Long ago I wanted to tell you that God had chosen you to show men & nations how they should live. Let your mother speak.
Mother: - Love to Joan & Godfroy & you from us all.
- Joan said something about the meaning of "Long ago" -[ mother could] Long ago means that we were in a former state.
- "Long ago" means we are higher up in heaven.
- "Long ago" means that we are happy here in God's service.
- Let father speak.
father: - Long ago I told Nelson that you would have a high place in the affairs of Canada.
- Long ago I knew that God meant you would be Prime Minister.
- Long ago I was told that you would honour my name.
- Long ago your mother dreamt that you would be Prime Minister.
- Let mother speak.
Mother: - Long ago I dreamt that you would succeed Sir Wilfrid Laurier.
- Long ago I knew God meant you to be Prime Minister.
- Long ago I [more than] knew that God meant that you would serve His holy will.
- Good night.
K. - Do you think I might get a chance to speak to you through Mrs. Wreidt?
- Why - no?
- Mrs. Wreidt is away from Detroit.
- Long ago she told you that you would be Prime Minister.
K. - Will you all pray that I may do well this week, every night - pray for me. Mother - God will help you.