USAMGIK Ordinance 25
UNITED STATES ARMY FORCES IN KOREA
Office of the Military Governor
7 November 1945
- The Department of Public Health and Welfare is hereby establish within each Provincial Government of Korea for the purpose of performing the following functions :
- a. Study, protection, and improvement if health of the provincial population.
- b. Health, Education
- c. Epidemiology, preventative, and improvement of control of communicable diseases.
- d. Maternal and child health.
- e. Hospitals and institutions.
- f. Nursing affairs.
- h. Dental affairs.
- i. Sanitation.
- j. Laboratories.
- k. Medical supply.
- l. Vital Statistics.
- m. Emergency and disaster relief.
- n. Public assistance to permanently needy individuals.
- o. Child Welfare and other institutional care.
- p. Employee welfare and Pension systems.
- q. Housing
- r. Care and relocation of relocation of repatriated and displaced Koreans.
- s. Such other public Welfare programs as may be required to aid achieving the aims of the occupational forces in Korea.
- All duties, functions, records, property, civilian personnel of the following organization are hereby transferred to the Public Health and Welfare Department of the Provincial Governments within Korea :
- a. The Public Health Section of the Police Departments of the Provincial Governments.
- b. The Sanitary Sections of the Police Stations of the Police Departments of the Provincial Governments.
- c. The District Public Doctors of the Police Departments of the provincial Governments.
- d. The Soldier's Welfare Sections of the Police Departments of the provincial Governments.
- e. The Social Welfare Sections of the Departments of the Interior of the provincial Governments.
- f. The Social Welfare Sections of the Labor Departments of the Interior of the provincial Governments.
- A National Veterinary Service Department within the Bureau of Public Health and Welfare is hereby established for the purpose of regulating and directing a National Veterinary Service within Korea.
- All duties, functions, records, property, and civilian personnel of the Bureau of Agriculture and Commerce that are devoted exclusively to the conduction of veterinary services in Korea including the Fusan Cattle Sanitation Laboratory in Fusan, Kyung Sang Nam Do and the Branch thereof in Anyang, Kyung Kei Do are hereby transferred to the Bureau of Public Health and welfare.
- The order is effective at midnight 7 November 1945.
- BY DIRECTION OF THE COMMANDING GENERAL
- UNITED STATES ARMY FORCES IN KOREA
A. V. ARNOLD
Major General, United States Army
Military Governor of Korea.
|This work is in the public domain because, according to Article 7 of the Copyright Act of South Korea, this work is not eligible for copyright. This following works are included: