United Nations Security Council Resolution 1672
Adopted by the Security Council at its 5423rd meeting, on 25 April 2006
The Security Council,
Recalling its previous resolutions concerning the situation in Sudan, in particular resolutions 1665 (2006) of 29 March 2006, 1651 (2005) of 21 December 2005, 1591 (2005) of 29 March 2005 and 1556 (2004) of 30 July 2004 and statements of its President concerning Sudan,
Stressing again its firm commitment to the cause of peace throughout Sudan, including through the African Union-led inter-Sudanese peace talks in Abuja, Nigeria (“Abuja Talks”), full implementation of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement of 9 January 2005 and an end to the violence and atrocities in Darfur,
Determining that the situation in Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region,
Acting under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations,
1. Decides that all States shall implement the measures specified in paragraph 3 of resolution 1591 (2005) with respect to the following individuals:
- – Major General Gaffar Mohamed Elhassan (Commander of the Western Military Region for the Sudanese Armed Forces)
- – Sheikh Musa Hilal (Paramount Chief of the Jalul Tribe in North Darfur)
- – Adam Yacub Shant (Sudanese Liberation Army Commander)
- – Gabril Abdul Kareem Badri (National Movement for Reform and Development Field Commander)
2. Decides to remain actively seized of the matter.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".