United Nations Security Council Resolution 1835
Adopted by the Security Council at its 5984th meeting, on 27 September 2008
The Security Council,
Taking note of the 15 September 2008 Report by the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency on the Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement and relevant provisions of Security Council resolutions (GOV/2008/38),
Reaffirming its commitment to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT),
1. Reaffirms the Statement of its President, S/PRST/2006/15, of 29 March 2006, and its resolution 1696 (2006) of 31 July 2006, its resolution 1737 (2006) of 23 December 2006, its resolution 1747 (2007) of 24 March 2007, and its resolution 1803 (2008) of 3 March 2008;
2. Takes note of the 3 March 2008 Statement of the Foreign Ministers of China, France, Germany, the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, with the support of the High Representative of the European Union, describing the dual-track approach to the Iranian nuclear issue;
3. Reaffirms its commitment within this framework to an early negotiated solution to the Iranian nuclear issue and welcomes the continuing efforts in this regard;
4. Calls upon Iran to comply fully and without delay with its obligations under the above-mentioned resolutions of the Security Council, and to meet the requirements of the IAEA Board of Governors;
5. Decides to remain seized of the matter.
|This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".