(Redirected from Author:A. Geikie)
|←Author Index: Ge||Sir Archibald Geikie
Scottish geologist and historian; Director-General of the Geological Survey of Great Britain and Ireland.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "A. G-e."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "a. Ge"
- The Story of a Boulder; or, Gleanings from the notebook of a field geologist (1858)
- Life of Sir Roderick I. Murchison, bart.; K. C. B., F. R. S.; sometime director-general of the Geological survey of the United Kingdom (1875) v.1
- Outlines of field-geology (1882) 
- The scenery of Scotland viewed in connection with its physical geology (1887) 
- An elementary geography of the British Isles (1888) 
- Geological sketches at home and abroad () 
- Memoir of Sir Andrew Crombie Ramsay (1895) 
- The Founders of Geology, 1897, MacMillan, 1905 (ed. ?), 1962 Dover Publications 
- Types of Scenery and Their Influence on Literature (1898)
- Text-book of Geoology (1903 4th ed.) in 2 vols. v.1 v.2
- Scottish reminiscences (1908, c1904) 
- Geology (1904) 
- Charles Darwin as geologist. The Rede lecture given at the Darwin centennial commemoration on 24 June 1909 (1909) 
- The birds of Shakespeare (1916) 
- Memoir of John Michell, M.A., B.D., F.R.S., fellow of Queens' college, Cambridge, 1749, Woodwardian professor of geology in the university 1762 (1918) 
- A Long Life's Work (1924)
- “Campbell, George Douglas,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- Review of Autobiography The Times, Friday, May 23, 1924; Issue 43659; pg. 8; col C — A Geologist's Life. Sir Archibald Geikie.
- “Geology” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Hutton, James” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Murchison, Sir Roderick Impey” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Scotland” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (Geography and Geology (in part))
- “Vesuvius” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (in part)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "Geographical Evolution I", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 15, August 1879
- "Geographical Evolution II", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 15, September 1879
- "Rock-Weathering, as Illustrated in Churchyards", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 18, March 1881
- "Science in Education", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 54, March 1899
- "Sir Archibald Geikie", a biographical portrait by John McLure Hamilton from Men I Have Painted (1921).