Author:Albert Galloway Keller
|←Author Index: Ke||Albert Galloway Keller
|American sociologist, author, and student and colleague of William Graham Sumner; wrote on German colonial policy, economic geography, and sociology.|
- The Beginnings of German Colonization, Yale Review, May 1901.
- The Colonial Policy of the Germans, Yale Review, February 1902.
- Homeric Society: A Sociological Study of the Iliad and the Odyssey, New York: Longmans,Green, and Company, 1902.
- Queries in Ethnography, New York: Longmans, Green, 1903.
- Notes on the Danish West Indies, Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, vol. 22, no. 1, 1903.
- Portuguese Colonization in Brazil, New Haven, 1906.
- Colonization: A Study of the Founding of New Societies, Boston: Ginn & Company, 1908.
- Race Distinction, New Haven: Department of Anthropology, Yale University, 1909.
- Physical andCommercial Geography: A Study of Certain Controlling Conditions of Commerce, with Herbert Ernest Gregory and Avard Longley Bishop, Boston: Ginn & Company, 1910.
- Commercial and Industrial Geography, with Avard Longley Bishop, Boston: Ginn & Company, 1912.
- Societal Evolution: A Study of the Evolutionary Basis of the Science of Society, New York: Macmillan Company, 1915; later editions in 1931 and 1947.
- Industry and Trade: Historical and Descriptive Account of Their Development in the United States, with Avery Longley Bishop, Boston: Ginn & Company, 1918.
- Through War to Peace: A Study of the Great War as an Incident in the Evolution of Society, New York: Macmillan Company, 1921.
- Starting Points in Social Science, Boston: Ginn & Company, 1925.
- Man's Rough Road: Backgrounds and Bearings From Mankind's Experience, New York: Frederick A. Stokes Company, 1932; a condensed edition of Sumner's, Keller's, and Davie's, The Science of Society; and Reminiscences (mainly personal) of William Graham Sumner; New Haven: Yale University Press, 1933.
- Brass Tacks, New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1938.
- Net Impressions, New Haven: Yale University Press, 1942.
- "A Byzantine admirer of ‘western’ progress: Cardinal Bessarion," in Cambridge Historical Journal (Cambridge). Vol. 11 (1953–55), pp. 343–348.
- (ed.) William Graham Sumner The Forgotten Man and Other Essays (transcription project)
- (ed.) William Graham Sumner Earth-Hunger and Other Essays (transcription project)
- (ed.) William Graham Sumner War and Other Essays (transcription project)
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1956, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 50 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.