|←Author Index: Bu||Charles Burney
|English music historian and father of author Frances Burney.Charles Burney FRS (1726-1814) was an|
- Ode for St Cecilia's Day
- Verses (External scan)
- An Essay towards a History of Comets (1769)
- The Present State of Music in Germany, the Netherlands and United Provinces (1773)
- A Plan for a Music School (1774)
- History of Music (1776)
- Account of an Infant Musician (1779)
- Memoirs and Letters of Metastasio (1796)
- Memoirs of Doctor Burney, ed. Fanny Burney
- All music-related articles in Rees' Cyclopedia
- Translation in 1766 of Jean-Jacques Rousseau's Le Devin du Village, under the title of The Cunning Man
- Translation in 1771 of Letter on Violin Playing (1760) by Giuseppe Tartini
Works about Burney
- “Burney, Charles” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Burney, Charles (1726-1814),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.