Author:Daniel Garrison Brinton
|←Author Index: Br||Daniel Garrison Brinton
|American doctor, ethnologist and linguist.|
- Notes on the Floridian Peninsula (1859)
- The Myths of the New World (1868)
- Personal Beauty (1870) with George H. Napheys
- The Religious Sentiment (1876)
- The Brinton Family (1878)
- American Hero-Myths (1882)
- Editor of Library of Aboriginal American Literature (1882-1890)
- The Maya Chronicles (1882)
- Aboriginal American Authors and Their Productions (1883)
- The Güegüence (1883)
- The Lenâpé and Their Legends (1885)
- The Annals of the Cakchiquels (1885)
- The Philosophic Grammar of American Languages (1885)
- "Man in the stone age" in Science, Vol. 5, No. 100 (January 2, 1885), Letters to the Editor, p. 3.
- "Did Cortez visit Palenque?" in Science, Vol. 5, No. 112 (March 27, 1885), Letters to the Editor, p. 248.
- A Lenâpé-English Dictionary (1888)
- Ancient Nahuatl Poetry (1890)
- Rig Veda Americanus (1890)
- Races and Peoples (1890)
- Essays of an Americanist (1890)
- The American Race (1891)
- Studies in South American Native Languages (1892)
- The Pursuit of Happiness (1893)
- The Native Calendar of Central America and Mexico (1893)
- Nagualism (1894)
- A Primer of Mayan Hieroglyphics (1895)
- "Report upon the collections exhibited at the Columbian Historical Exposition" in Report of the United States Commission to the Columbian Historical Exposition at Madrid (1895)
- Maria Candelaria (1897)
- Religions of Primitive Peoples (1897)
- "The Calchaqui: An Archeological Problem" in American Anthropologist, New Series, Vol. 1, No. 1 (January, 1899), pp. 41-44.
- "Professor Blumentritt's studies of the Philippines" in American Anthropologist, New Series, Vol. 1, No. 1 (January, 1899), pp. 122-125.
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Brinton
- "In Memoriam: Daniel Garrison Brinton" by Alexander F. Chamberlain in The Journal of American Folk-Lore, vol. 12, no. 46 (July-September 1899), pp. 215-225.
- "Daniel Garrison Brinton" in American Anthropologist, New Series, Vol. 1, No. 4 (October, 1899), p. 764.
- Brinton Memorial Meeting (1900)
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|