|←Author Index: Ha||David Hartley
- Conjecturae quaedam de Sensu, Motu, et Idearum Generatione (1746)
- An Enquiry into the Origin of the Human Appetites and Affections (1747)
- Observations on Man (1749; 6th ed., 1834)
Works about Hartley
- “Hartley, David, M.D.,” in A Critical Dictionary of English Literature (1858)
- “Hartley, David (1705-1757),” in Dictionary of National Biography (1891)
- “Hartley, David” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Hartley, David” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- Berington, Joseph. Letters on Materialism and Hartley's Theory of the Human Mind (1776) 
- Bower, George Spencer. David Hartley and James Mill (1881)  
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.