Author:Edward Daniel Clarke
|←Author Index: Cl||Edward Daniel Clarke
|English mineralogist and chemist.|
- Testimony of Authors respecting the Colossal Statue of Ceres in the Public Library, Cambridge (8vo, 1801-1803)
- The Tomb of Alexander, a Dissertation on the Sarcophagus brought from Alexandria, and now in the British Museum (4to, 1805)
- A Methodical Distribution of the Mineral Kingdom (fol., Lewes, 1807)
- A Description of the Greek Marbles brought from the Shores of the Euxine, Archipelago and Mediterranean, and deposited in the University Library, Cambridge (8vo, 1809)
- Travels in various Countries of Europe, Asia and Africa (4to, 1810-1819; 2nd ed., 1811-1823).
- Analysis of a bituminous Limestone (1817)
Works about Clarke
- “Clarke, Edward Daniel” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Clarke, Edward Daniel,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|