Author:Edward Douglass White
|←Author Index: Wh||Edward Douglass White, Jr.
|Chief Justice of the United States (1910-1921), appointed by President William Howard Taft. He succeeded Melville Fuller. His successor was Taft.9th|
Supreme Court Opinions
Opinions of the Court
- Standard Oil Co. of New Jersey v. United States, 221 U.S. 1 (1911)
- Guinn v. United States, 238 U.S. 347 (1915)
- “White, Edward Douglas,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1889.
- “White, Edward Douglass,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “White, Edward Douglass,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “White, Edward Douglass” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “White, Edward Douglas,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
- “White, Edward Douglass,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.