Author:Edward Henry Palmer
|←Author Index: Pa||Edward Henry Palmer
Orientalist. Professor of Arabic at Cambridge. Author of The Desert of the Exodus; &c.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "E. H. P."
- The Desert of the Exodus: Journeys on foot in the Wilderness of the Forty Years' Wanderings’ (1871)
- ‘Jerusalem, the City of Herod and of Saladin’ (1871)
- ‘the Secret Sects of Syria;’ in the ‘British Quarterly Review’ (1873)
- Translation of the Qur'ân, as part of Sacred Books of the East (1880)
- report to the Palestine Exploration Fund, in ‘Special Papers relating to the Survey of Western Palestine.’ (1881)
- ‘Arabic and English Name-lists of the Survey of Western Palestine,’ ed. (1881)
- “Firdousi” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
Works about Palmer
- “Palmer, Edward Henry,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.