Author:Edward Shepherd Creasy
|←Author Index: Cr||Edward Shepherd Creasy
|British historian, educated at Eton College and Cambridge University and called to the Bar in 1837; in 1840 Professor of History, London University, and in 1860, Chief Justice of Ceylon, when he was knighted.|
- The Fifteen Decisive Battles of the World (1852)
- The chapter "The Battle of Marathon" from The Great Events by Famous Historians, Vol. 1, 1905
- Several chapters from The Great Events by Famous Historians, Vol. 2, 1905:
- History of the Ottoman Turks
Works about Creasy
- “Creasy, Sir Edward Shepherd,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Creasy, Edward Shepherd,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.