|←Author Index: De||George Dewey
|United States Navy. He is best known for his victory at the Battle of Manila Bay during the Spanish-American War. He was also the only person in the history of the United States to have attained the rank of Admiral of the Navy, the most senior rank in the United States Navy.Admiral of the|
- Autobiography of George Dewey, Admiral of the Navy (1913)
- Report of the Philippine commission to the President January 31, 1900
- Practical Prevention of War
- The War with Spain: Operations of the United States Navy on the Asiatic Station
- Remarks on the coasts of Lower California and Mexico
- “Dewey, George,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1891.
- “Dewey, George” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- United States v. Dewey (1902–1903)
- "To the Returning Brave", a poem by Florence Earle Coates
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1917, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.