Author:George Edward Woodberry
|←Author Index: Wo||George Edward Woodberry
American literary critic and poet.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "G. E. W."
- A History of Wood engraving (1883)
- Studies in letters and life (1890)
- Heart of Man (1899)
- Wild Eden (1899)
- Makers of Literature (1900)
- Nathaniel Hawthorne (1902) (transcription project)
- America in Literature (1903)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne (1905)
- The Torch: Eight Lectures on Race Power in Literature (1905) (External scan)
- Emerson (1907)
- The Appreciation of Literature (1907)
- Great Writers (1907)
- Life of Poe (two volumes, 1909)
- The Inspiration of Poetry (1910)
- “American Literature” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (index page start)
- Wendell Phillips (1912)
- A Day at Castrogiovanni (1912)
- North Africa and the Desert (1914)
- Two phases of criticism, historical and aesthetic (1914)
- The North shore watch, and other poems (1890)
- The kingdom of all-souls, and two other poems for Christmas (1912)
- The flight, and other poems (1914)
- The roamer and other poems (1920)
- From Fifes and Drums (1917):
- From A Treasury of War Poetry, ... 1914-1919 (1917):
- Life of Edgar Allan Poe in the "American Men of Letters" series (1885)
- With Edmund Clarence Stedman, Works of Edgar Allan Poe (ten volumes, 1895)
- Collected Poems (1903)
- "National Studies in American Letters," and Columbia University Studies in Comparative Literature, (nine volumes).
- The complete Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelley (1892)
- Lamb's Essays of Elia (1892)
- The Works of Edgar Allan Poe, with E. C. Stedman (1894)
- Select Poems of Aubrey de Vere (1894).