Author:George Edward Woodberry
|←Author Index: Wo||George Edward Woodberry
American literary critic and poet.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "G. E. W."
- A History of Wood engraving (1883)
- Studies in letters and life (1890)
- Heart of Man (1899)
- Wild Eden (1899)
- Makers of Literature (1900)
- Nathaniel Hawthorne (1902) (transcription project)
- America in Literature (1903)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne (1905)
- The Torch: Eight Lectures on Race Power in Literature (1905)
- Emerson (1907)
- The Appreciation of Literature (1907)
- Great Writers (1907)
- Life of Poe (two volumes, 1909)
- The Inspiration of Poetry (1910)
- “American Literature” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911. (index page start)
- Wendell Phillips (1912)
- A Day at Castrogiovanni (1912)
- North Africa and the Desert (1914)
- Two phases of criticism, historical and aesthetic (1914)
- The North shore watch, and other poems (1890)
- The kingdom of all-souls, and two other poems for Christmas (1912)
- The flight, and other poems (1914)
- The roamer and other poems (1920)
- From Fifes and Drums (1917):
- From A Treasury of War Poetry, ... 1914-1919 (1917):
- Life of Edgar Allan Poe in the "American Men of Letters" series (1885)
- With Edmund Clarence Stedman, Works of Edgar Allan Poe (ten volumes, 1895)
- Collected Poems (1903)
- "National Studies in American Letters," and Columbia University Studies in Comparative Literature, (nine volumes).
- The complete Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelley (1892)
- Lamb's Essays of Elia (1892)
- The Works of Edgar Allan Poe, with E. C. Stedman (1894)
- Select Poems of Aubrey de Vere (1894).
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1930, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.