|←Author Index: En||Georg (George) Engelmann
German-American medical doctor and botanist.|
His son was noted obstetrician George Julius Engelmann (1847-1903).
- De Antholysi Prodromus (a doctoral dissertation on vegetable morphology), 1832.
- Cactaceae of the Boundary (a study of cactus on the U.S.-Mexican border), 1859.
- The Grape-Vines of Missouri, 1860.
- Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, "Engelmann, George" (Edition of 1900).
- Biographical Memoir of George Engelmann (1809–1884), by Charles A. White (1896).
- "Sketch of George Engelmann, M.D.", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 29, June 1886.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.