|←Author Index: Lo||George Long
English classical scholar and editor of the Penny Cyclopedia.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. Articles written by this author are designated in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology by the initials "G. L."
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography. Articles written by this author are designated in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography by the initials "G. L."
- Penny Cyclopaedia, editor
- Knight's Political Dictionary, editor
- Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology: Articles signed as [G. L.]
- A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities, contributor
- Articles signed as [ G. L. ] in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography
- Bibliotheca Classica
- Summary of Herodotus (1829)
- Herodotus (1830-1833)
- Journal of Education, editor (1831-1835)
- The British Museum: Egyptian Antiquities I (1832) 
- revised editions of JA Macleane's works:
- Civil Wars of Rome
- Decline of the Roman Republic (1864-1874), 5 vols
- Xenophon's Anabasis (1831)
- Plutarch's Lives (1844-1848)
- The Thoughts of the Emperor Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (1862)
- Discourses of Epictetus, (1877)
- Enchiridion of Epictetus (1877)
Works about Long
- H. J. Matthews, In Memoriam, reprinted from the Brighton College Magazine, 1879.
- “Long, George (1800-1879),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- Long, George in 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica
- George Long article in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|