Author:George William Cox
(Redirected from Author:George W. Cox)
|←Author Index: Co||George William Cox
British historian; cleric; styled with the Honorific, Sir, as laid claim to Irish baronetcy of Cox of Dunmanway, rejected posthumously
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "G. W. C." in vol. 11
- Life of Boniface (1853)
- A Manual of Mythology in the Form of Question and Answer (1868) (External scan)
- Latin and Teutonic Christianity (1870) (External scan)
- The Mythology of the Aryan Nations (1870) in 2 vols. (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- The Crusades (1874) (External scan)
- Recollections of Oxford (1870) (External scan)
- Tales of Ancient Greece (1879) (External scan)
- An Introduction to the Science of Comparative Mythology and Folklore (1883) (External scan)
- Popular Romances of the Middle Ages (1886) (External scan)
- The Life of John William Colenso, Bishop of Natal (1888) in 2 vols. (External scan)(External scan)
- A History of Greece (1894) in 2 vols. (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- The Athenian Empire (1897) (External scan)
- The Greeks and the Persians (1908) (External scan)
- “Colenso, John William,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Cox
- “Cox, George William,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.