Author:James Edmund Harting
|←Author Index: Ha||James Edmund Harting
English ornithologist and conservationist; librarian and assistant secretary of the Linnean Society.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. E. H."
- The birds of Middlesex. A contribution to the natural history of the county (1866) 
- The Ornithology of Shakespeare: Critically Examined, Explained, and Illustrated (1871) 
- Hints on shore shooting; with a chapter on skinning and preserving birds (1871) 
- A handbook of British birds (1872) 
- Rambles in Search of Shells, Land and Freshwater (1875) 
- The fauna of the Prybilov Islands (1875) 
- Our Summer Migrants: An Account of the Migratory Birds which Pass the Summer in the British Islands (1877) 
- British Animals Extinct Within Historic Times (1880) 
- Essays on sport and natural history (1883) 
- Bibliotheca Accipitraria (1891) 
- The rabbit; with a chapter on Cookery (1898) 
- A handbook of British birds, showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants (1901) 
- “Yarrell, William,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.