|←Author Index: Sm||James Smithson
|British mineralogist and chemist.|
- Draft Will of James Smithson (c. October 1826)
- Last Will of James Smithson (23 October 1826) (transcription project)
Works about Smithson
- “Smithson, James” by Joseph Henry in The American Cyclopædia, 1879
- “Smithson, James,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Smithson, James,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1891.
- “Smithson, James” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.