|←Author Index: St||Sir James Stephen
- Essays in Ecclesiastical Biography (1849), 2 vols.; 5th edit, in 1 vol. 1867 (with life, by his son, J. F. Stephen)
- Lectures on the History of France (1852), 2 vols.
- New commentaries on the laws of England
Works about Stephen
- “Stephen, Sir James,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Stephen, James (1789-1859),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.