|←Author Index: Ad||John Adolphus
English historian; studied law and was called to the Bar in 1807.
- Biographical Memoirs of the French Revolution (1799)
- History of England from 1760-1783 (1802)
- Memoirs of John Bannister (2 vols.; 1838)
Works about Adolphus
- “Adolphus, John (1768-1845),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- “Adolphus, John” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Adolphus, John Leycester” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|