|←Author Index: Ad||John Adolphus
English historian; studied law and was called to the Bar in 1807.
- Biographical Memoirs of the French Revolution (1799)
- History of England from 1760-1783 (1802)
- Memoirs of John Bannister (2 vols.; 1838)
Works about Adolphus
- “Adolphus, John (1768-1845),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Adolphus, John,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Adolphus, John Leycester” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911