Author:John Lewis Burckhardt
|←Author Index: Bu||John Lewis Burckhardt
|Swiss traveller and writer. Explored the Near East and Northeastern Africa|
- Travels in Nubia (to which is prefixed a biographical memoir) (1819) etext
- Travels in Syria and the Holy Land (1822) etext
- Travels in Arabia (1829) etext
- Arabic Proverbs, or the Manners and Customs of the Modern Egyptians (1830)
- Notes on the Bedouins and Wahabys (1831)
Works about Burckhardt
- “Burckhardt, John Lewis,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Burckhardt, John Lewis” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.