Author:Joseph Beete Jukes
|←Author Index: Ju|| Joseph Beete Jukes
|geologist, author of several geological manuals and served as a naturalist on the expeditions of HMS Fly (under the command of Francis Price Blackwood)|
- Excursions in and about Newfoundland (2 vols, 1842)
- Narrative of the Surveying Voyage of H. M. S. Fly (2 vols, 1847)
- A Sketch of the Physical Structure of Australia (1850)
- Popular Physical Geology (1853)
- Student's Manual of Geology (1857; 2nd ed. 1862) a latei edition was revised by A Geikie, 1872)
- the article "Geology" in the Ency. Brit. 8th ed. (1858)
- School Manual of Geology (1863)
- "Notes on Palaeozoic formations of New South Wales, and Van Diemen's Land," Journal of Geological Society, 1847, pp. 241-249."
Works about Jukes
- “Jukes, Joseph Beete,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|